Monday, May 30, 2011

Twenty years have gone by. Granted, I hardly remember the dewy, young, soft-skinned days of my first 5 or so years. Flashes of birthday parties and scrunchies and ill-applied costume makeup and confetti cakes and costume jewelry and torn pink gowns and bead kits spring into my old mature twenty year old as of sometime between 9pm and 11:59 brain.
I think I'm rather the same person as that twiggy, verbose, shy fresh red head. My likes are still highly in line with that young thing. My wants and visions may have changed drastically, just about as drastically as the chemical change from liquid water to steam.
I'm still me----Hannah, the gingery, pale-skinned, dancer-esque, contemplative, monotonal-at-times girl. but clearly stature and mind set have developed immensely, and though I am young and directionless in moments, I do know a few things about myself that I find as giant stepping stones to who I want to be and who I know I can become. These are mine, and mine alone, and don't need to be publicized (oh the secrecy).
I simply know that I am proud of me, not vain, but truly proud of the place I am in life and the sheer knowledge and awareness of myself I've come to grasp.

No comments:

Post a Comment