Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It wasn't the first time. That this idea had occurred to me. It was not the first passing of this observation through my overly-spa'd, muddle-with-sleeplessness, summer vacation brain. It had happened before, countless times, and is not anything but a small notice of a common and shared and accepted idea.
Everyone's mind is like a series of wheels and tines, much like that of a music box or any machine, really. Not two people alive are 'wired' the same way. All of us have wheels of different sizes, tines in varying locales, and a generally unique method to the madness of the human mind, all jumbled, complex, and on information overload!!! No human being will ever again be formulated with the same brain as Einstein was, therefore comparison of intelligencia and gifts, so to speak, are intensely futile and nothing but nonsense.
This is clearly why we are not all talented in the same way; therefore, we cannot all be neuro-surgeons, cannot all be accountants, and cannot all be rock stars. This has nothing to do with IQ, nor does it have to do with brain capacity. The tines in our brain are where things 'click'. For me, I like words and I like stats---I don't have a tine where my brother does for accounting, nor a tine where my mother does for genuine friendliness. I'd rather work in a room alone with a box chalk full of words than to be put in any sort of compromising teamwork-oriented or socially awkward setting. But what is awkward and compromising for me probably isn't for outgoing, lime-light-loving people like JLo or Muse.
All I'm saying is we all have out knacks. One should never put another down for not getting something or not being comfortable with something: just because a human can't figure out standard deviation is no reason to dis their intelligence. Some of us have waffle brains, some spaghetti, some like words, and some like letters.
The fact is you have a brain. Use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment