Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Toilet Texting

You know what makes me mad? There you are in a public restroom, minding your own business, and all you can hear coming from the next stall is 'click click click clickity clikity click'. Ugh. Someone is toilet texting.

I have thought about toilet texting before: I'll be having a perfectly pleasant conversation with someone, and then just as I am headed for the restroom, they send me something hilarious that I desperately want to text back to---HOWEVER, I then remember the cardinal rule: do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Have you ever thought that the text you received 4 minutes ago originated on the john? Has it ever crossed your mind that someone might be conversing with while they are in a dirty, dingy-white, stanky bathroom in Walmart in the dicey part of San Diego, with a dripping sludgy mop in the corner and Bubba waiting outside in a wife beater? Have you ever thought that your conversation about your plans next week might be coming from the french-fry scented depths of a McDonald's men's room?
There is just one thing I ask of you all. Don't ever toilet text me. Don't toilet text a single soul. The next time you're tempted to whip that phone out while you're doing your thing, don't. Just don't.

Now don't even get me started on Toilet Phone Call. If you can hear a flush in the background, yell at the person calling you, hang up, and don't talk to them until they regain the decency every human being should possess.

2 comments:

  1. I have toilet texted because my boss gets mad if we are on our phones while outside, so if we are trying to make dinner plans and the bathroom is the only refuge, then why not? What if I am having an emergency on the toilet? Then can I text/call?? What if I am stuck....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess,
    While your point is certainly valid, unless something is a life or death emergency, you should never text while ON the toilet. If you have to sneak in there to text, just make sure you are standing up with your pants fully zipped.

    ReplyDelete